English (United States), English (United Kingdom)
[Note: This app works best with IE8+, Chrome & Mozilla.
Works on a touch-only device without a physical keyboard or mouse]
The smart poll app is designed to enable organizations to create survey polls and get user responses. Survey poll can be added as an app part into a SharePoint page along with other web parts.
Some cool features of the Smart poll app are:
• A simple question designer that lets you easily create questions and answers
• Set an active question/poll
• Secured and controlled: only administrators can create polls
• Ability to allow users to enter single/multiple responses for a poll.
• Pie charts to visualize the responses to questions along with % and number of votes.
• Ability to export to excel and analyze poll responses and data
• All users will get a graphical view of the poll results once they submit their poll.
• Easily recreate polls and surveys
To start using Smart poll, you need to add it as an App part after it has been added to the Site Collection.
Following are the steps:
• On the SharePoint site, switch to the Page tab above. This will open a new ribbon with various options.
• Select the first option 'Edit' and click on the 'Insert' tab.
• Click on 'App Part', select the App part named 'Smart Poll' there and click on Add and then Save.
• The app then displays a message to add the Admin security group to start using it.
• Create an Admin group named ‘Survey Administrators’ at the host site location Site settings People and groups. This will automatically add the logged in user in this group based on which it displays the Settings icon to him on the app part. Here additional admins can be added too.
• ‘Survey Administrators’ should have contribute level permissions
• All the users having contribute level permissions to the host site can respond to the poll.
• 'Survey Administrators' can see the settings gear.