Smartsheet for Outlook allows you to create or edit items in Smartsheet and collaborate on them in real-time, all without leaving your inbox. Put anything you want in Smartsheet - project tasks, change requests, resumes, customer requirements and more. Unclog your email and keep track of every detail with ease when you pair Smartsheet and Outlook together.
Key features include:
- Convert any e-mail into a shared item that instantly appears as a row in your Smartsheet project or sheet for all collaborators to see and act on.
- Create or edit a Smartsheet item or task, then assign it to someone, schedule it, or add comments and other relevant details contained in your email.
- Keep the entire email as a discussion associated with your Smartsheet item.
- Search Smartsheet for the right sheet or project.
- Add all or selected email attachments to your Smartsheet item.
From the Smartsheet for Outlook app, you can either log in to Smartsheet using existing Smartsheet credentials, or get started with a free trial of Smartsheet by joining with your Office 365 credentials. If you are starting a free trial account, you will need to confirm your email address upon receipt of the Smartsheet confirmation notice prior to continuing to use the app.
- Smartsheet for Outlook works with all versions of Outlook that allow apps for Office: Outlook Web App, Outlook 2013, and later versions of Outlook including Office 2016 for Windows and Mac.
- Smartsheet for Outlook also requires Office 365, Exchange on-premise is not supported at this time. You can verify whether you have Office 365 by going to http://portal.office.com If you can login *without* seeing a "Redirecting" message, then you have Office 365.
- Smartsheet for Outlook relies on Smartsheet, which is a subscription-based service. Sign up for a Smartsheet free trial from within the Smartsheet for Outlook app.
Smartsheet is a project management and collaboration tool in a simple spreadsheet layout. It enables teams to coordinate anything and drive results, with powerful features like real-time collaboration, alerts and reminders, resource management, Gantt charts, and more.
Tips For Getting Started with Smartsheet:
1. Import an existing MS Excel sheet
2. Import an existing MS Project file
3. Start with a Smartsheet customizable template, some examples include:
- Project Management Templates: Basic Project with Gantt Chart & Dependencies, Gantt Project with Hard Deadline
- Task Management Templates: Team Task List by Priority, Recurring Task List
- Event Planning Templates: Event Task List with Gantt Chart and Budget, Simple Event Task Plan
- Agile Project Management Templates: Basic Agile Project with Gantt Timeline
- Sales Templates: Simple Sales Pipeline, Sales Activity Tracker by Week
- Finance Templates: Expense Report, Monthly Budget Tracker, Balance Sheet
- HR: New Hire Checklist, Employee Info Tracker
- Recruiting: Job Candidate Tracker
- Marketing Templates: Marketing Campaign Analysis Rollup, SEO Checklist