Smartsheet for Outlook allows you to create or edit items in Smartsheet and collaborate on them in real-time, all without leaving your inbox. Put anything you want in Smartsheet - project tasks, change requests, resumes, customer requirements, and more. Unclog your email and keep track of every detail with ease when you pair Smartsheet and Outlook together.
Key features include:
- Convert any e-mail into a shared item that instantly appears as a row in your Smartsheet project or sheet for all collaborators to see and act on.
- Create or edit a Smartsheet item or task, then assign it to someone, schedule it, or add comments and other relevant details contained in your email.
- Keep the entire email as a discussion associated with your Smartsheet item.
- Search or browse Smartsheet for the right sheet or project.
- Add all or selected email attachments to your Smartsheet item.
From the Smartsheet for Outlook add-in, you can either log in to Smartsheet using existing Smartsheet credentials, or get started with a free trial of Smartsheet by joining with your Office 365 credentials. If you are starting a free trial account, you will need to confirm your email address upon receipt of the Smartsheet confirmation notice prior to continuing to use the add-in.
- Smartsheet for Outlook works with all versions of Outlook that allow add-ins for Office: Outlook Web App, Outlook 2013, and later versions of Outlook including Office 2016 for Windows and Mac.
- Smartsheet for Outlook also requires Office 365, Exchange on-premise is not supported at this time. You can verify whether you have Office 365 by going to http://portal.office.com If you can login *without* seeing a "Redirecting" message, then you have Office 365.
- Smartsheet for Outlook relies on Smartsheet, which is a subscription-based service. Sign up for a Smartsheet free trial from within the Smartsheet for Outlook add-in.
Smartsheet is a project management and collaboration tool in a simple spreadsheet layout. It enables teams to coordinate anything and drive results, with powerful features like real-time collaboration, alerts and reminders, resource management, Gantt charts, and more.
Tips For Getting Started with Smartsheet:
1. Import an existing MS Excel sheet
2. Import an existing MS Project file
3. Start with a Smartsheet customizable template, some examples include:
- Project Management Templates: Basic Project with Gantt Chart & Dependencies, Gantt Project with Hard Deadline
- Task Management Templates: Team Task List by Priority, Recurring Task List
- Event Planning Templates: Event Task List with Gantt Chart and Budget, Simple Event Task Plan
- Agile Project Management Templates: Basic Agile Project with Gantt Timeline
- Sales Templates: Simple Sales Pipeline, Sales Activity Tracker by Week
- Finance Templates: Expense Report, Monthly Budget Tracker, Balance Sheet
- HR: New Hire Checklist, Employee Info Tracker
- Recruiting: Job Candidate Tracker
- Marketing Templates: Marketing Campaign Analysis Rollup, SEO Checklist