Over 100 million English language learners use Oxford Advanced Learner’s Dictionary (OALD) to develop their English skills for work and study.
With OALD, you will understand what words mean, learn how to say them, and know how to use them.
• Find the words you want to learn – includes over 185,000 words, phrases, and meanings.
• Sound natural – explanations and example sentences show you how to use words correctly.
• Improve your pronunciation – hear words pronounced in real British and American English accents
• Learn synonyms, collocations (words which go together) and everyday expressions
• Learn the Oxford 3000 - the most important words to know in English
• Use colour illustrations to enrich your vocabulary
• Use Full Text Search to find your word in any idiom, phrasal verb, or example sentence in the dictionary
• Tap any word in an entry to instantly look it up
• Share definitions with OneNote, email, Facebook and Twitter